* Where do you look for inspiration?
Mostly from theatre. I love to go to the National Theatre in London, because I find the shows to be very innovative and exciting in their ideas.
* What’s your favorite…
HALF OF A YELLOW SUN by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Also, I love everything that Elizabeth George has written.
BRAVE HEART is one of them.
line from a play
“It’s been a while, and what a while it’s been” FROM CHAOS THEORY, by Anuvab Pal
Al Green, Annie Lennox
pop culture guilty pleasure
playing Scrabble and other board games
* What play or production changed your life?
The original OH WHAT A LOVELY WAR
* Is there anything you still dream of doing?
Directing on the main stage of a big regional theatre with a good budget and someone else producing!
* I feel most like myself when I am directing or coaching acting.
* What is your best escape?
Lying in the sunshine
* What’s the one thing nobody knows about you?
I wish I could fix all the problems in the world, and make all people live in harmony.
Alexa Kelly trained at Central Drama School, and has worked in theatre ever since. Taught and directed regionally and in NYC, universities from FSU to U of M. Founder of Harlem Summer Shakespeare. Artistic Director for Pulse Ensemble Theatre, NYC, for 22 years.