* Where do you look for inspiration? Mostly life, dreams and books.
* What’s your favorite book / movie / line from a play / pop culture guilty pleasure / cocktail? Barry Lyndon, any Cronenberg. I am not a cocktail kind of gal, but lately I have been enjoying Margaritas!!!
* What play or production changed your life? Einstein on the beach (Bob Wilson), Café Muller (Pina Bausch), La Vita che ti diedi (Pirandello/Castri), Kinkan Shonen (Sankai Juku).
* Is there anything you still dream of doing? Playing the cello. King Lear (playing the king!).
* What’s the one thing nobody knows about you? I can fall asleep stroking my ears.
Orietta Crispino born in Italy, is a graduate of the prestigious “Piccolo Teatro” School in Milan, where she worked with the major Italian directors Strehler and Castri. She taught acting and directing there. She is co-founder and artistic director of Theaterlab in NYC. Her most recent production is Three Sisters Come and Go.