Play that changed my life: Pinocchio, don’t smoke that Cigarette. I was the only 1st grader cast in the production. Had a crush on Pinocchio, a 5th grader. Been an actor ever since.
Is there anything I don’t still dream of doing? I have to edit my to-do list all the time! Here are some:
- I would like to continue traveling the world performing my work and helping other women create their own work.
- I would like to do a season in a Shakespearean rep company…I like being part of a theater family and I love love love the bard.
- I’d love a university position teaching voice and speech. I’m at home teaching. And helping someone connect to her breath is a privilege.
- I’d like to spend every January through March somewhere sunny.
- I’d like to become a mom.
I feel most like myself when I’m in rehearsal. Rehearsal is my favorite part of making theater…where my creative process gets to hang out with others’ creative processes for art-makin’ fun times! I also feel a lot like myself when I’m performing my solo shows. I “play” myself so that makes sense.
Favorite cocktail: ginger martini. It’s a very very rare treat.
Best Escape(s): Baths. And Mexico.
Andrea Caban, NYIT award-winning solo artist, has performed her work in New York, regionally, and abroad. This spring, Questions My Mother Can’t Answer tours to OSF, Boise Contemporary, and several UC schools. Dialect expert, HowCast.com, featured in over 35 accent videos. Affiliations: Dramatists Guild, VASTA, AEA, & SAG/AFTRA. AndreaCaban.com, QuestionsMyMotherCantAnswer.com